Friday, June 22, 2018

20+ Best Teacher Movies that Inspire Us

I know it's summer and school is out, but summer seems to be the perfect time to me to reflect on the great teachers in our lives and to thank them.  It also seems like a perfect time to ponder on the kind of education we want our children and ourselves to have, and to meditate on ways to facilitate that amazing education happening.  The movies below have shown me the power of an amazing teacher.  They inspire me to want to do a better teaching to my children (We homeschool).  They inspire me to do a better job in getting the best education I can for myself and my family. 













**Some adult themes - preview first






**Adult themes - preview first


The Following Films open my eyes to the strengths and the weaknesses of the present public education system.  I think that by knowing problems we are in a better able to help find solutions.




I couldn't end this post without listing Eight Cousins it is a book by Louisa May Alcott.  Though Little Women (another book by her) has been made into a film 5 times, Eight Cousins has never been made into a movie.  I had to include it because it was one of the books that formed some of my first opinions on what a good education should be like.  I homeschool my children in part because of this book.  You can read it or listen to the free audio book on LibriVox.
Eight Cousins Audio Book

We'd love to hear from you about the movies you love that are about inspiring teachers.  What qualities made your favorite teachers amazing?  What were some of your most memorable educational activities?


No comments:

Post a Comment